LinkedIn is one of the most popular professional networking platforms used by recruiters and employees alike. The service offers paid subscription plans to users with additional benefits. One can pay for LinkedIn Premium and enjoy more perks. You can subscribe to LinkedIn Premium which costs $7/week, $15/month, and $13/year. If you had subscribed to Premium and no longer wish to continue, read on to learn how to cancel LinkedIn Premium on your device.
According to LinkedIn, you cannot cancel your premium service from an Android phone. There is a way. Here is how you can cancel LinkedIn Premium from Android and iPhone:
How to Cancel Your LinkedIn Premium on Android
Follow these steps to get started:
- On your Android device, launch LinkedIn.
- Tap on your profile pic on the homepage to view the app menu.
- Press the Settings option next to View Profile.
- Pick either Account or Communications to cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription.
- Click on Account.
- Scroll down till you find Help Center. Do the same in the Communications tab.
- The app is going to redirect you to the Help Center.
- You will find Upgrade or Cancel Subscription among the list of FAQs.
- Press the option and the browser will open the cancellation page.
- Find the cancel subscription toggle.
- On the following page, press the Cancel and Lose Credits option. A popup will appear asking if you cancel you will lose credits.
- Press Yes, I’m sure.
- You will be asked the reason, select the suitable one, and Cancel the toggle.
The next page will notify you that you no longer are going to be billed for services. Now, your account will no longer have a premium badge.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium on iPhone
If you subscribed to LinkedIn Premium on your iPhone or iPad, it means you used App Store for its payment. In that case, you will have to cancel your subscription using your Apple ID. You can do this using any device that is signed in to your Apple ID, like iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Here are the steps to cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription on your iPhone.
- Go to the Settings
- On top of the screen, click on your name and go to Settings.
- Find LinkedIn and then cancel your subscription.
One thing you should know is that you can continue access to your subscription until its renewal date. For example, if your renewal date happens to be November 12, and you cancel your subscription on November 1st, you will be able to use it till the 12th. Then, the subscription will be canceled automatically and access will be restricted.
How to Cancel Subscription via App Store on Mac
Another way to cancel LinkedIn is through the App Store on Mac.
- Go to the App Store
- From the bottom left corner, click on your name
- From the options, select View Information and scroll down.
- Select Manage next to Subscriptions.
- Find LinkedIn in the list.
- From the Active section, press edit and then cancel the subscription.
As mentioned above, you can use the subscription until its renewal date.
Canceling a LinkedIn subscription is fairly easy and involves simple steps. Whether you have an Android or iPhone, you can follow the simple steps to cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription.