Snapchat is a popular instant messaging app that allows you to share photos, stories, and videos with your followers and friends. You can send videos and photos instantly and save them to your memories. The memories that you send on Snapchat disappear after some time. And the recipients cannot view it. They cannot open and check it more than once. The thing is that Snapchat memories disappear once they have been seen.
This way, Snapchat offers a lot of privacy compared to others and this is the main reason behind its popularity among millennials and Genzers alike. Every Snapchat photo and video is saved as memories that users can forward. However, users end up deleting their memories. But you can get your Snapchat memories. The Snapchat Memories are kept on Snapchat’s servers until you delete them. They are never deleted automatically.
How to Recover Snapchat Memories
You can get Snapchat memories back directly from Snapchat because it stores memories on its servers. You just have to go to their app and ask them for a copy of your data. Then check your email to get the file.
If you want to recover your deleted memories on Snapchat, you need to log in to your Snapchat account first. Here are the steps you need to follow to recover deleted Snapchat memories.
- Using your Android device or iPhone, launch Snapchat.
- Select Profile image in the app.
- Tap on Settings and then go to My Data
- For privacy reasons, you will be prompted to enter the Snapchat username and password. Enter your username/email address and password and then tap on the login button.
- You will then get redirected to the My Data page where you need to request Snapchat so it can download data from your account.
- Scroll down to the last and tap on the yellow-color Submit Request button
- The information on the My Data page will contain everything you can request from Snapchat.
- Enter the email ID where you want to receive your data.
- That’s all. Your request was submitted. Now, the Snapchat support team is going to initiate the preparation of an archive of your account data. Within 24 hours, you are going to receive a zip file on your provided email ID that will contain your deleted memories.
- Once the data is ready to be downloaded, you are going to receive an email.
- Know that it will take about 24 hours to create a copy of your account data and receive it by email. Once you receive it, open it and then tap on the provided link to download and view the data you need.
- After this, you will Snapchat will again redirect you to the My Data page. Scroll down and then tap on the zip file to save it on your device.
It is a fairly simple process to retrieve your deleted memories from Snapchat. You can easily recover your deleted Snapchat memories from your account and restore them by following the above steps.